AIA Lunch and Learn - Exterior Solar Shades - The Next Generation in Window Coverings
AIA/CES Registered Provider Program Summary
Provider: Bandalux Contract by InSync Solar
Program: Exterior Shading Solutions - The Next Generation in Window Coverings
Length: 1 Hour
Credits: 1 LU/HSW
Exterior Shading Solutions are beginning to make its way across the pond from our European friends. With the sudden rise in sustainable and energy saving technologies such as Passive House, Exterior Shading Solutions are now at the forefront of protecting our buildings from excessive solar heat gain, glare and noise. This presentation called Exterior Shading Solutions, the Next Generation in Window Coverings provides the participant with an overview of this exciting new trend.
- Origin of Exterior Shades:
For many years Exterior Shading Solutions have protected Europeans from excessive solar heat gain and glare. In this session you will learn about these popular strategies and how they are influencing green sustainable building in the United States.
- 3 Strategies of Reducing Stress to Systems:
The basis of sustainable design is to reduce stress to systems. You will learn in this presentation how Engineered Shading Solutions can reduce stress by these 3 strategies:
- How to reduce solar heat gain.
- Selecting the proper fabrics to reduce excessive glare.
- Understanding how roller shades can absorb sound at windows.
- The Components of an Engineered Shading Solution:
- Learn how to select the correct Engineered Shading Solution for your next project.
- Compare the different strategies in selecting interior and exterior fabrics to reduce solar heat gain, excessive glare and absorb sound.
- Understand basic shading control options for all types of Engineered Shading Solutions.
- The Shading Solution Consultant:
- System Design
- Fabric Selections
- 3-Part Specification
Neil Gordon has served the commercial and residential markets for over 25 years, and is well known in the industry as an expert in Engineered Shading Solutions.